Monday 4 January 2016

Do we need to re write the meaning of words?

We all know what I went through but I feel compelled to bring to light certain aspects and what exactly their true meaning is. Charged with a crime , yes I was. Given a fair trial? No I don't believe so as the witness interrupted the Crown while under chief examination and stated " I have a confession" This after years of myself pleading my case, pleading my innocence in the matter at hand and despite that there was never a single piece of evidence of ANY nature that I had committed any crime. I have touched on this before but I want to get a little more in detail about the matter and you let it pass your own test of reason.

I quote "The presumption of innocence is important because without this safeguard in our system people who are merely accused of a crime would have the stigma of guilt attached to them regardless of the quality or quantity of any actual evidence against them. It means that the Crown prosecutors, with all their power and resources, have to prove the guilt of the accused instead of the accused having to prove their innocence with whatever resources they can muster. What’s more, the Crown has to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt.

Chief Justice Dickson, the former Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Canada, nicely summed up the philosophy behind the presumption of innocence, saying: “The presumption of innocence confirms our faith in humankind; it reflects our belief that individuals are decent and law-abiding members of the community until proven otherwise,” R v Oakes (1986), 24 CCC 3d321 at 333-334."


So you have a person accused of a crime, naturally the crime must be investigated, naturally there if merit is met for a charge to be issued the person stands accused before a judge. This in my opinion is reasonable, of no doubt. YET, I re quote the above. so how is it dealt with?

For myself, right out the gate I was denied bail and incarcerated for quite a lengthy time. Where is the innocence until proven guilty? Once I received bail they set the conditions of said bail and a 5'000.00 no cash bail order was issued. This means that if you do not show for court, then you owe the courts 5'000.00 for wasting their time. I didn't have to put up any cash or inanimate object as collateral, just sign my word that I would appear, should I not then I owe the 5 grand.
Then they add the "additional conditions" most of which also breach my constitutional rights in addition to the first and I will list them:
1." You must report to a bail supervisor whenever that bail supervisor requests, but you must first have written permission to go to the bail supervisor's office." In my case that was once per week. I would also have to wait when summoned for a faxed piece of paper that stated I could do so. Individual bail supervisors even would draw out a map of travel to and from, give me a time limit to and from and regardless if it was cold and or I needed to take a washroom break, I was not permitted to make any unscheduled stops along the way, regardless of the excuse.

2. "You must live where you are told to stay within a program setting under 24 hour house arrest and follow all rules and pay to stay there. Failure to adhere to said living conditions or violation of the rules or to pay your rent, , you will then return to jail immediately". I can tell you personally, my rent was extremely high for a small one bedroom and I was not allowed to work, my room was not much bigger then a cell.

3."You must report upon request to interview your court appointed psychiatrist and or his designate and you must complete any programming they request. But must have first written consent."

4."You must stay out of the COUNTY of Athabasca ( where I lived), and not enter said county unless directed otherwise to attend court"

5." You must stay away and have zero contact either directly or indirectly with the complainant" So much for my WELL let's just say everything I owned . If you are "innocent until proven guilty" why should you live somewhere you don't want to, hundreds of kilometers away and have no access to anything you own?

6."you must turn yourself into jail the last friday before any major court date, or 72 hours in advance" They would for the first part transport me back and forth to court in a prisoner jump suit, shackled and bound.

7. "you are not allowed to work and you waive all rights to privacy, must present yourself to police on command when they check up on you"

8. "you must not leave the Province of Alberta"

9. "you must not leave your residence for any reason and the 1 hour a day for personal business (later granted) must be previously booked with your bail supervisor and you must supply the route and means of travel ans you will supply said bail officer with the address, phone numbers in advance so they can be verified" I had one hour a day, with travel try to do anything!

10. (later granted) " You will abide by a curfew of 5:30 am to 10:30 pm daily for work purposes only" I went years where I couldn't even go to a bloody movie unless it was a matinee. My new wife I met through friends, had to sleep alone every night while I lived in a government regulated place after 10:30 every night.

This is just some of it, trust me. If I lived anywhere near a school ,police would harass the hell out of me , meanwhile that is where I was told to live. Chartered rights and freedoms, innocent until proven guilty" my ass. We have the right to work, travel, liberty and in where do you see any of this? Remember this went on for over 3 years, so what ever did happen to that "right" to a speedy trial?

As qwickly as she started it, she ended it. All the police found"less than credible" what happened to them other then nothing? My ex step child , her...what happened to her and to think that she actually committed criminal offences by what she had done and if that isn't enough we all know she has repeatedly done this to others, including 2 after myself.
" "We can all sa that we are never going to commit a crime. But we cannot ever guarantee that someone won't accuse us of a crime and if that happens?, then good luck in this criminal justice system"
so remember the shallow words of the hallowed halls of justice " "The presumption of innocence is important because without this safeguard in our system people who are merely accused of a crime would have the stigma of guilt attached to them regardless of the quality or quantity of any actual evidence against them. It means that the Crown prosecutors, with all their power and resources, have to prove the guilt of the accused instead of the accused having to prove their innocence with whatever resources they can muster. What’s more, the Crown has to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt.

Chief Justice Dickson, the former Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Canada, nicely summed up the philosophy behind the presumption of innocence, saying: “The presumption of innocence confirms our faith in humankind; it reflects our belief that individuals are decent and law-abiding members of the community until proven otherwise,” R v Oakes (1986), 24 CCC 3d321 at 333-334."

I would show the secrete deals they attempted to make with me but I have been promise further criminal prosecution. Like all the rest of the evidence, its in hiding around the world, printed off, digital format.

No comments: